This wiki is hosted within servers built upon [Gadigal country], as is Critical Path.
Critical Path respectfully acknowledges the Gadigal as the traditional custodians of the land where the organisation is based and pays respect to all First Nations Australians and their Elders.
We also acknowledge that every contributor to the wiki across Pacific-Asia is living in the aftermath of colonial instigated inequities that persist to this day.
Welcome to OpenTab !
What is Open Tab?
The Open Tab project is a sharing of methodology and insights from artists working at the nexus of choreography and digital - in the form of a wiki.
"A wiki is a hypertext publication collaboratively edited and managed by its own audience directly using a web browser. A typical wiki contains multiple pages for the subjects or scope of the project and could be either open to the public or limited to use within an organization for maintaining its internal knowledge base.” - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
Beginning in 2021, invited artists from across UTC +7 through UTC +11 met in the Drill Hall (IRL/AWK and remotely/at keyboard) to establish OpenTab.wiki
The WIKI is a meeting place for the CLAB <--> Critical Path 3 year artist exchange program.
We began with a week-long wiki-working-bee was a stress test. A geographically distributed yet co-temporal residency model. We were dancing and typing and talking, being physically digital.
The artist exchange program continues this work.
We encourage people to write in which ever language they prefer and encourage readers to use computer translation where needed. Even though it will not be perfect, it will help to practise untethering from English as the expected default online.
See all pages currently in development.
for contributors, these pages might be helpful:
- Daily (group) journal for the Physical Futures exchange residency 2023 日報? ✍️
- Physical Futures exchange residency 2023 introductions 🕺
- Schedule of Time and Places and People Physical Futures 2023 📆
- How will we take our bodies with us into the future
- Physical Futures exchange residency 2022
- Choreographic Expansion Lab
- Digital Enchantment Lab
- Reflections of the 2021 WIKI working bee
- Template for making a new contribution
- Special:RecentChanges to see what's been happening
What Open Tab might be
A party, distributed across locations, asynchronous, a brains trust, an archive, a studio prompt, a collection and a provocation for discussions, for insights, for epiphanies. A web of connections to peers, inspirations, canon and more! Check out this reading list as examples.
What Open Tab is not
- An encyclopaedia (especially not a Wikipedia)
- A dictionary (or wiktionary 😉 )
- An artist directory
- A debate or dispute to get to one clear truth of fact.
The WIKI is not the work.
The WIKI will not last in perpetuity.
We are populating a database as (just one of the many ways) to interrogate working collectively/collaboratively and distributed.
The http://OpenTab.wiki has a scheduled death-date of December 2026.
This wiki and any subsequent media is published under the Decolonial Media License 0.1.
Open Tab is one arm of ongoing efforts around digital at Critical Path centre for Choreographic Research.
This project led by current Digital Artist-Curator M@ and an inspiring team of foundation laying contributors and mentors.
Click here for a reading list of other publications that inspired this project
This project is a work in progress. Feedback is highly welcomed from invested parties by making your own wiki account or reaching out via email dac [at] criticalpath.org.au
Open Studio (photos)
- Open Studio photos of the first WIKI working bee.
- Photos from the Digital Enchantment Lab
- Photos from the Choreographic Expansion Lab
- Photos from the Physical Futures Exchange Residency